Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You can take the girl out of the wild but you cant take the wild out of the girl.

I will never be one to say that my past is squeaky clean. Ok honestly speaking its not even close. I like to think I live my life head strong and with passion. Some would maybe refer to my passion as vodka, considering vodka is what usually puts the passion into my behavior. Now I am going to skip some of the gory details of my some what questionable behavior and maybe at some point go back to crucial stories that may possible explain who I am (or the ones that are just too fun to not share).
So over the past 4 months I have begun dating the sweetest most attentive boy I have every met. Lets call him Mr. Southern. He is the guy that opens car doors for you, brings you your favorite flowers just because, and tells you how amazing you are on a daily basis. AH Mr. Southern is quite the catch. Now since him and I have started dating I have pretty much put my wild ways on the back burner, that is until this past Saturday. Good old party girl Taryn was in full swing.
The day started out very tame with a workout, with my personal trainer. I got ready and it was time to head to Oysterfest in Peidmont park (OOOO and in case you weren't sure where I was these days im residing in Atlanta, Ga currently). Of course to my distaste (ie also my fault) we were showing up to the event 2 hrs in, so what does one do? They drink to catch up of course! So one Double Bloody Mary settled me into the crowd; now where if I was sober I would be frantic at the fact we were all packed in like sardines. Two vodka and sugar free red bulls had me picture crazy and swaying with the crowd to a Beatles cover band. Two more vodka and whatever my mixers were at this point had me dancing like I was the next lead in Step up 8. Ahhh and now the Coffee flavored energy drink and vodka shot had me stumbling and speaking in a high pitch voice that I do (Obviously me reverting back to my Snow White days). At this point I should have been cut off and taken home. But no that 80s covered band started and the Taryn show was on. Natalie, my partner in crime, and I  were off to the stage to help belt Bon Jovi and Madonna. We were on fire, little sex kittens, at least this is what I thought in my head. The pictures later proved I just looked like a hot mess on stage with some middle aged 80's cover band. Now this next part...Mom if you are reading this I would stop. My bladder is that of an 80 year old women and mixing that with the amount of liquor I had, well I was escaping to the bathroom every 20 minutes. Mr. Southern being the gentleman he is offered to accompany me to the other bathroom he had found where there was no line. So off we went, now some where between releasing my bladder and wanting to get back to the dance floor we had a quickie in a public bathroom. I would normal be appalled at this behavior but I guess I would have to remember it to have that reaction. Ah yes I was in full swing.
It took him some convincing to get me out of Oysterfest and not to head to the next bar. I was in bed and asleep by ten. Lets say the next morning was not a pretty sight. And the Valentines Day plans I had put together at a local winery were cancelled due to well me.
So I guess its true you can take the girl out of the wild but you cant take the wild out of the girl.

2 comments: